Thursday, January 12, 2017

South Korea prosecutor says unsure on whether to are trying to find arrests of Samsung executives



South Korea's special prosecution workplace said on Tuesday it had now not yet determined whether or not to are looking for arrest warrants for 2 Samsung organization [SAGR.UL] executives as part of a widening research into the political scandal threatening President Park Geun-hye.

South Korea's Yonhap information organisation reported earlier on Tuesday, citing unnamed sources, that the prosecution might are looking for to arrest  Samsung executives.

but, the prosecutors' office later advised Reuters that the 2 guys, Samsung group vp Choi Gee-sung and President Chang Choong-ki, both of whom were summoned for wondering on Monday, have been considered witnesses.

the two had been wondered via investigators searching into whether the us of a's pinnacle conglomerate paid bribes to get the united states's national pension fund to approve a debatable merger between two Samsung affiliates.

A Samsung group spokesman declined to comment.

President Park ought to emerge as the nation's first democratically elected leader to leave workplace early after parliament voted to question her in December over the corruption scandal, a decision that must be authorised or overturned through the Constitutional court docket.

No comments:

Post a Comment